Financial aid, tuition payment

By when do I have to transfer the tuition into the eLAC account?

According to the terms and conditions, students have four weeks from registration to pay the tuition. If you pay the entire tuition within the first two weeks, you can claim a discount.

Are there any discounts or special conditions?

Yes, in individual cases. For example, graduates of DAPR seminars and exams generally receive a discount of 350 Euros. Graduates of AIM courses generally receive a 5% discount. In a few other cases, discounts are also possible - these are communicated directly via associations, cooperation partners or the course management. Rebates and discounts can be combined. See our payment models.

What does the renewal fee cover?

The participation fee covers four semesters of study (= two semesters of study, plus two semesters buffer). One semester equals six calendar months. If you need more time to complete your studies, you may extend them beyond the two years covered by the tuition and extend for another year by paying the renewal fee. However, the maximum time of enrolment is limited to 36 months. For each extended semester, we charge a handling fee of 290 Euros to cover our administrative costs.

Are there any grants or scholarships?

Our master's programme Marketing Communication is a course for further education according to § 9 FHStG. Therefore, our students unfortunately have little claim to support according to StudFG. However, we recommend the following links for searching for other grants:

Promotion of further training by the AMS (Arbeitsmarktservice Österreich): After this, a positive decision by the AMS, course costs, examination fees, teaching aids and ancillary course costs (e.g. travel costs) are promoted (

The individual provinces organise their support programmes for continuing vocational training in different ways; in Vienna, for example, the Vienna Employee Promotion Fund (waff) is entrusted with this task (

Tax law in Austria and Germany also allows you to reduce your training costs. You can deduct tuition fees, but also costs for teaching materials and possibly travel expenses in connection with continuing vocational education and training. It is worth asking your tax advisor which refunds you can expect.

Student grants from Deutsche Bildung AG: Private individuals can apply to Deutsche Bildung AG for student grants of up to 25,000 euros (for master’s and MBA students). The loan is granted for a period of three months or more at any time during study, but for a maximum of six semesters. The payout instalments can be determined flexibly, the repayment is made between three and ten years proportionate to future income. In addition, there is all-round support with the "WissenPlus" support programme. Further information and contact details at:

The educational leave offers the possibility to interrupt the professional activity for 2 to 12 months. During this period, a training allowance equal to the unemployment benefit is paid by the Labour Market Service. Another new model is part-time education.

In a sabbatical model, for example, the salary is divided from four years to five years. Thus, a constant income is also guaranteed during the time of the "vacation" (thus in the 5th year), which you can use for your studies.

Do employers help with financing?

Talk to your employer if you have decided to attend the course. In many cases, employers (both small and large companies) support our students or even pay the entire course fee.